90 Second Money Interview
Reflect on your relationship with money and practice speaking powerfully about your experience.
Money Mindset Steps
Finish the following sentences on a blank piece of paper.
• My family growing up would never spend money on…
• Sometimes my family growing up would spend too much money on…
• Sometimes I see my friends spend too much money on…
• I sometimes feel guilty when I spend money on…
• If I had a lot of money, I would not spend a lot on…
• I don’t regret spending money on…
• I wish I could take back the money I spent on…
• I wish I had more money to spend on…
Pair off and take turns sharing, what surprised you? Whatchallenged you? What did you learn?
After some time, use the coaching questions to create a discussion.
How are your experiences with money different or the same as the people around you?
Why do you think are they different or the same?
How do your answers reflect your values? How do they not?
Present step one by reading the questions slowly and pausing to allow people a chance to reflect and respond.
Ask students to “tell me more” to create further opportunities for reflection.