A Dollar a Day
Map out your daily steps to reach a bigger goal.
Money Mindset Steps
Have each person think about something they’d like to save for that costs under $365 dollars. That might be an article of clothing, a birthday party, a plane ticket for a special trip, an experience with friends or family, a class or workshop for something you’d like to learn, or a household appliance.
Individually, draw a picture of that thing you’d like to save for.
Ask for volunteers to share what they’re saving for.
Remind everyone that if they saved one dollar a day that within a year they could buy whatever they drew. (Use the coaching questions to facilitate more discussion.)
- What was interesting about how similar or different the things we chose to draw out as a saving goal?
- Anything about this experience change how you think about saving this year? If so, how come?
- How could you start saving one dollar a day tomorrow? How could you keep it up for an entire year?
- Thank individuals as they share and ask the group to please be respectful of other people’s savings goals.
- Remind the group that one way to make progress towards a larger goal is one day at a time, and every day counts.