Balancing Our Hearts and Brains
Heart-Wants and Brain-Needs are both important. Let’s discuss!
Money Mindset Steps
We all have wants and needs, and both of them are important.Let’s explore how we can respond to different situations with our hearts and brains.
Split the room in two and assign one half of the room to be the“Brain” and one half of the room to be the “Heart.”
Ask the following questions to each group and give them a few minutes to discuss. Have each group take turns responding with either their heart or brain.
- You start a new job next week: how do you celebrate?
- Your best friend’s birthday is this weekend and you’re throwing a party for them: how will you plan it out?
- You’re planning a trip to Mars: what do you bring?
- You find $20 on the ground: what do you do with it?
- You’re shopping for clothes: where do you go, and what do you get?
Use the coaching questions to reflect on this experience.
- What did you take away from this experience?
- What have you found that works really well for you when it comes to thinking about your “Wants” and “Needs”?
- How do you talk to friends, family members, or other people in your life about “Wants” and Needs”?
There’s no right or wrong answer to any question; everyone’s opinion is valid, and having both wants and needs is important. The goal is to grow awareness, intention and how we think about our wants and needs.