See Your Future Self
Consider your future and see yourself from that point of view.
Money Mindset Steps
Take out a sheet of paper and a pen or pencil to write with.
Close your eyes and take 3 deep breaths. Each breath should before at least 5 seconds in and out. Now, imagine yourself after graduating from this program.
With your eyes closed, think about: how does your future self feel? What are they doing? Who are they with? What surrounds them?What is important to your future self?
Open your eyes and draw a picture of what your future self is doing. What are you wearing? What are you eating? What surrounds you? Where do you live? Have fun with it!
Ask for volunteers to share their pictures and describe their experience thinking about their future selves. (Use the coaching questions to facilitate more discussion.)
- What advice does your future self have for you now?
- What does your future self want you to focus on?
- What would your future self say about a challenge you are trying to overcome?
- Thank people as they share and remind the group that our future selves hold a lot of possibilities.
- Present Step Three by reading the questions slowly, and then pausing to allow images and ideas to come to people’s minds.