Build Financial Control
Foster a sense of control over your financial life.
Money Mindset Steps
Draw a vertical line down the middle of a piece of paper or on a whiteboard.
Brainstorm on one half all the ways you feel like your money isout of your control. For example, if could be lack of opportunitiesto make more money, high expenses, or something else.
Brainstorm on the other half all the ways you feel like your money is in your control. For example, you have a plan each month, you save some money regularly, or something else.
Talk about ways you can take control of your money. Ask thegroup: what small step can you make today? What can you do in 2 months or 6 months from now? Write the ideas in a place where everyone can see them. (Sticky notes are always fun!)
Use the coaching questions to facilitate more discussion.
- What’s in the way? What will help move you forward?
- What will help you gain a little bit more control? What’s your first step?
- What would happen if you didn’t do anything?
- Acknowledge that there are often things outside of us we can’t control.
- There is power in this group of people to provide support, strength, inspiration, and ideas for each other.